Re: serialized transactions

From: Mohamad SALEH <msaleh_at_orsys.fr>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:56:35 +0200

Jonathan Lewis a écrit :

> It is possible that you were just lucky on the first test,
> or possibly you have some init.ora setting (such as
> delayed_logging_block_cleanout) set differently.

Thanks for the hint. But I have 2 remarks : 1 - That was not luck on a solaris plateforme with Oracle 7.3.3, the scenario as is worked for all the tries taht I did till now. 2 - In all cases I had delayed_logging_block_cleanout set to true

> My guess is that you have INITRANS = 1 on the table.
> For any table in a serialized transaction you need initrans
> set to at least 2 to allow for a different strategy for
> read-consistency (this is documented somewhere, but
> don't ask me where).

Right but strange for me. Normally IINITRANS is set to 1 and "doesn't need to be changed." according to the documentation. On the other hand, I have MAXTRANS set to 255! Someone has more precision on that?