Display a simple Oracle database on the web

From: Brad <bradball_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 06:49:34 GMT

I am running Linux 5.2, Oracle 8 and Web Application Server 3.0. I have a simple database called 'phonebook' that I created in sqlplus. All I want to do is display the contents of this database from a web page. Please point me in the right direction!

I guess I have to create a procedure from sqlplus and then call that procedure from a web page? Where does this 'procedure' get stored when it's created? Can I only access a 'procedure' from sqlplus or is it actually a text file that I can edit with vi? Any help would be appreciated. Maybe point me to a 'newbie' page where I can soak up information like a sponge! Thanks!

Brad. Received on Tue Apr 13 1999 - 01:49:34 CDT