Re: [Help]: Looking for password crypt/decrypt function

From: damita <_at_magardi.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 20:49:37 GMT

If youre just trying to encrypt user defined (not oracle login passwds) passwords
try some form of:    TRANSLATE(str,from,to)

use same function (in reverse offcourse) to decrypt passwd.

this mebbe too simple for you application, mebbe your needs call for a more complex algorithm.

cheers
--
Damita Wijay     db-eh?
Magardi Inc