OCI - placeholders and BIND to INSERT & SELECT

From: uri bargil <uri_at_trans-planet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 19:47:59 +0300

Hello
Im using OCI to access ORACLE database from a c program. Im using INSERT and SELECT of the same columns in the table. Both INSERT and SELECT use placeholders. My questions are :
1)Does any placeholder need to use the OCIBind ? 2)If the INSERT and SELECT use the same placeholder (e.g.   :ename) does ename has to do the OCIBind twice for the   INSERT and for the SELECT ?
3)What OCIBind has to be used - OCIBindByPos() or   OCIBindByName ?
4)What is the Bind input / Bind output ? what is their   usage ? Is it neccessary to use them and How do I use   them.
Please give me a full answer whith an example. Thank you.
uri Received on Mon Apr 12 1999 - 11:47:59 CDT