------PLEASE HELP-------------

From: G.H VITTAL <vittal_at_india.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 17:12:20 +0530

Hi all

I have one table which has number of rows increased from 2million to 6 million. The transaction rate/second like insert and updates are increased by 3times from the current 534 bytes(row size) * 200 (no of records) to
534 bytes(row size) * 500(no of records).

Could anybody give me general idea regarding it's effect on

  1. Redolog files - should it increase ?
  2. Redolog buffers - Should it increase ?
  3. Rollback segments - The records are always commited for every 100 records. Whether should i increase rollback segments ?

Obviously I have to increase the size of the data file for the tablespace because of the number of records increased from 2 million to 6 million. Will the size of the data file for the
database should be increased or automatically taken care ?

regards
vittal Received on Fri Apr 09 1999 - 06:42:20 CDT