Re: Stored Procedure VS Package

From: Roy Brokvam <roy.brokvam_at_conax.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 12:37:19 +0200

?

>In other word, Stored Procedure is use for single record return
>but package is used for multiple record return. Am I right ??

No. Not at all.

You cannot call a package. You can call a package procedure, however, but a package procedure does not differ from a separately stored procedure in any way similar to what you have mentioned.

Also, a procedure does not implicitly fetch any records. You will have to do that through implicit or explicit cursors.

Maybe I don't understand at all what you are trying to do? Please post an example.

Regards,

Roy Brokvam
roy.brokvam_at_conax.com Received on Wed Apr 07 1999 - 05:37:19 CDT