Re: Oracle 8.0.5 on linux

From: Marcel Claus <Marcel.Claus_at_Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 09:19:07 +0100

John Basila wrote:

> When installing Oracle 8.0.5 server i am getting the following error:
>
> WRITE_ERROR: while instantiating file
> /oracle/u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/rdbms/install/rdbms/cnfg.orc

I installed the ORACLE server having a similar problem. When I didnt install the docu it worked... but I dont think that this is the docu directory. On the other hand cnfg.orcale is a file, so
/oracle/u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/rdbms/install/rdbms/ should be the directory.
Have you checked the installer log-file? Something like orainst.log...

Marcel