Oracle8 slow connect times

From: Tony Stallan <tony_at_clearviewsystems.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 14:53:36 GMT

Hi folks,

I have moved my database from O7 - O8 and am encountering very slow connection times. My perl based application used to connect on O7 in ~0.2 secs, now it takes over 6 secs. A bit shabby when the reason for the connection (Select) only takes ~0.5 secs.

I have tried Oracle's and Microsofts ODBC drivers plus some other connection methods (OCI) to no avail.

Can anyone help

Thanks

Tony Stallan Received on Sun Apr 04 1999 - 09:53:36 CDT