Re: Win98 and Oracle8 Questions - more info

From: Michael Myers <mjmyers_at_nospam.blazenet.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 16:54:12 -0500

> I finally was able to get connected from my Win98 Client machine with SQLPLus
> to my OracleNt Server (problem with tnsnames.ora). However, I am getting the
> following error in VisualBasic from the same client machine.

> > pony8030_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> > > Hopefully this is a simple answer since I am new to Oracle8. But it appears
> > > that some people are haveing trouble with Win98 and Oracle Tools. Something
> > > about Net8 is not compatible and I have to use SQLNet2.3. I've installed
> both

You have added an entry for the server in TNSnames for both SQLNet and Net8? If you can connect through SQL Plus 3.3, you should have SQLNet working. If you cann connect through SQL Plus 8, you should have Net8 working.

Net 8 config should be in <Oracle_Home>\Net80\Admin\TNSNames.ora

SQLNet config should be in <Oracle_Home>\Network\Admin\TNSNames.ora Received on Sat Apr 03 1999 - 15:54:12 CST