Re: system/manager insufficient privilege ?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 23:25:43 GMT

On Sat, 03 Apr 1999 23:13:44 +0800, nikko <nikko_at_po.jaring.my> wrote:

>When I loggin in to Oracle 8 with: system/manager as SYSDBA, I have a
>reply of insufficient privilege. Why is this so?

There are two things I can think of to check. First you should connect internally, and grant SYSDBA to the system user. If you get errors doing that, you may need to create a password file. The Oracle8 Administrator's Guide has a chapter explaining password files.

Jonathan Received on Sat Apr 03 1999 - 17:25:43 CST