Re: wither the checkpoint?

From: Devinder Pal Singh <Devinder_Pal.Singh_at_pharma.novartis.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 14:27:40 -0500

I think here we need to understand what happens when a checkpoint occures.
When a checkpoint happens either implicit or explicit, CKPT or LGWR signals the DBWR to flush the buffers to the datafiles, it then waits for it to finish, when DBWR finishes it signals LGWR or CKPT that it has finished, then LGWR or CKPT updates control file and datafile headers. I think this answers your question.