Re: LOBs, PCTVERSION, and ORA-22924: snapshot too old

From: keith boulton <boulke_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 13:35:29 GMT

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999 17:33:13 -0000, "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Dan Halbert has a process that is deleting his rows,
>not changing the LOBS which are part of the row.
>Perhaps it is the attempt to roll back the row header
>deletion that is causing the snapshot problem rather
>than access to the blob per se.

I did wonder about that, but I didn't know enough about blobs or have time to experiment with it.

>Now I have a choice - do I experiment with blobs
>or do I have to find out the anomaly with row migration
>in Partition tables ?

Sorry about that, but (until 8i?) rows are not automatically migrated between partitions when the partition key is changed. This is something I would have expected in particular because the last time I looked at it I would have liked a two partition table in which one partion was current active items and the other was a much larger historical partition of processed items. Received on Sun Mar 28 1999 - 07:35:29 CST