Re: LOBs, PCTVERSION, and ORA-22924: snapshot too old

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 17:33:13 -0000

I wonder if the note about the error being misleading is wrong (or perhaps just misleading) in this case.

Dan Halbert has a process that is deleting his rows, not changing the LOBS which are part of the row. Perhaps it is the attempt to roll back the row header deletion that is causing the snapshot problem rather than access to the blob per se.

Now I have a choice - do I experiment with blobs or do I have to find out the anomaly with row migration in Partition tables ?

--

Jonathan Lewis