A tricky OAS question

From: James Dickson <James.Dickson_at_mail.esrin.esa.it>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 23:40:27 +0100

Using Solaris 2.5.1

A long time ago I installed Webserver v2 under the Oracle home where I had RDBMS version 7.2 and it all worked fine.

I recently migrated the database to 8.0.5 without problems. The problems started when I tried to port Webserver v2 to the 8.0.5 Oracle home.

My listeners no longer start, giving errors like this:
> Information: Listening on port 8260 address 0.0.0.0
> Error: Permission denied when setting Group ID ( ipms ).
> Error: The server could not initialize
> Information: The server is exiting
> Error: Companion oraweb2 process failed

( ipms ) is the GroupID that the listener has always run under. Changing the UserID and GroupID to oradba/dba allows the listener to start but that's about it: any requests to the listener then result in the error:

> Error: Unable to start child process.
> Error: Error instantiating the WRB process

I've been stuck on this for 2 days now. What's worse is that deinstalling Webserver v2 under Oracle 8.0.5 on the theory that the two are incompatible and going back to a backup of the files under 7.2 now gives me exactly the same error!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
 James
--
james_at_valhall.esrin.esa.it Received on Fri Mar 26 1999 - 16:40:27 CST