Why two rollback segments in system tablespace to create other tablespaces?

From: Cheong <ccheong_at_my.lhsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:25:17 +0800

Surely someone could answer this question:

Oracle7 Server SQL Reference says,
"(The prerequisite to create tablespace is that) ... the SYSTEM tablespace must contain at least two rollback segments including the SYSTEM rollback segment.

I tried creating other tablespaces with only one SYSTEM rollback segment. It works.

I also tried creating other tablespaces with one SYSTEM rollback segment, one TMP rollback segment on SYSTEM tablespace. It works also.

So why must there be "at least two rollback segments including the SYSTEM rollback segment" in order to create other non-system tablespaces?

Cheong Received on Wed Mar 24 1999 - 23:25:17 CST