Re: UNIX\Oracle 7

From: Linda H Montgomery <montgolh_at_jmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 17:10:36 -0500

Check out the FIXED_DATE init.ora parameter. Per the Oracle documentation this parameter "Allows you to set a constant for SYSDATE in the format YYYY-MM-DD-HH23:MI:SS. Also accepts the default Oracle date format, without a time..... This parameter is useful primarly for testing."

That is how we changed dates within one Oracle test instance for Y2K testing.

--
Linda Montgomery
Database Analyst