Indexing Policies

From: s <skbleich_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:09:43 -0800

We have Context Cartridges running.
I needed to create an indexing policy on a long datatype column to allow for text queries.
There is a primary key on this table, with a datatype and length of number (11).

I ran the package sql> execute ctx.ddl.create_policy('POLICYNAME', colspec=> 'TEST.TEXT', 'TEXT', textkey=> 'ID'); to create the policy, and received the following error message:

Error at line 1:
ORA-20000: Context error:
DRG-10510: textkey column ID does not exist, is too long, or is not unique.

ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE" line 180
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.CTX_DDL" line 1348
ORA-06512: at line 1

Since the column does exist, is the primary key and unique I made the assumption that it was the that the pk column was too long. As a test, I created a new test table, with a primary key column of a shorter value and was able to create the policy.

Is there truely a limitation on the length of the primary key column when creating an indexing policy on a long datatype? Sorry, I'm just the DBA and I have read as much as I can find the time, but have not found such limitations mentioned.

Thanks :-) Received on Tue Mar 23 1999 - 16:09:43 CST