Oracle installation on Linux

From: seungwon <hotboy_at_multinet.sogang.ac.kr>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 05:36:44 +0000

Hi!

I tried to install oracle8.

cd /orainst
./orainst

then, installation text guide showed up. when I checked default setup , error message occurred. oracle installer tried to execute
' cat /usr/local/oracle8/orainst/README.FIRST | \ grep \.' but he can't do that.
pressed process, and os_error occurred. what's wrong with me?
I set env variables for oracle and logged in with 'oraclc' id Please show me the way in detail.
Thanx. Received on Mon Mar 22 1999 - 23:36:44 CST