Re: Oracle replication !!!

From: <pavel1704_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:46:36 GMT

In article <7blhoa$t6r$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   stas_at_terraspace.ru wrote:
> Guys!
>
> After long discussion, I collect a lot of different advices.
> But the problem is still ... actual.

Hi. I think that problem is: when you create DB link , it has to give it the same name as the name of linking DB.
So , if you want to link DB 'kuku' runing on site "shmuku", you have to name your link - kuku and put servuce - 'shmuku'. Now the point: by default oracle create DB with name :'oracle' so probably both your DBs have the same name - 'oracle'... and it is the reason , that you recieve 'not alive' when you give some name , different from 'oracle' to link and don't soccess to create link , when you try to name it - 'oracle' . You have two optioins: 1. disable loopback check of oracle , by seting 'global_names' on initorcl.ora to FALSE
2. to rename one of your databces by 'ALTER DATABASE SET DB_NAME...' comand

second option is preffereble, because if you want to do replication , loopback check have to be enabled.

Pavel