Re: Oracle Schema Question

From: Marcus N Hofer <markus_at_tk136248.telekabel.at>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:22:52 GMT

Friends schrieb in Nachricht <36F67DAD.3BD3_at_dlemail.itg.ti.com>...
>I am a programmer being trained to be a DBA, and have a question, Is
>there a way that we can delete or drop a schema from the database? I
>know we can drop tables and other stuff, but have not found any
>information on deleting or dropping schema's from any of the books that
>I have.
>
>Appreciate any help.
>Shanky

Shanky,

drop user [name_of_scheme] cascade;

as system. this could take a while. before submitting make sure that no PL/SQL background job is running (select what, job, this_sec from user_jobs;)
and nobody is connected to the scheme.

regards,
--marcus Received on Mon Mar 22 1999 - 14:22:52 CST