Re: Student Seeking Help with Oracle

From: Marcus N Hofer <markus_at_tk136248.telekabel.at>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:22:53 GMT

the way You explained it...
no, it is not possible. but You could try a view like this

create or replace view [viewname] as
select db1.x, db2.y
from my_table_at_database1 db1, my_other_table_at_database2 db2 where [proper join condition]
;

 'database1'and 'database2' are database links, descriptors for remote database access. if Your view should act like a table regarding inserts and updates, You will have to apply some additional trigger logic to the view (possible since oracle8.x)

mabe, if You give a more detailed expalantion of what You actually plan to do, someone could suggest a better solution (since all that if I am honest smells a bit like bad design).

regards,
marcus

Peter Webb schrieb in Nachricht <36F67881.EAD001C2_at_cern.ch>...