Re: Document Management or Image Management

From: Rod Stewart <rod.stewart_at_afp.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:54:39 +1000

It depends on what exactly you want to do. If what you want is to be able to search the text of the documents, you could place your documents inside long raw columns in Word 97 format and use Context option to search through them. If you want to use document formats other than Word, html or text, you can use INSO Corps OutsideIn (or InsideOut - I always get it the wrong way around, anyway see www.inso.com) to strip the text out. If you want to search for images as such, I can't offer any suggestions there.

H.T.H.

Rod J. Stewart