Re: ho to read dbf file from oracle

From: Lothar Dickhoff <dickhofl_at_ada.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:17:37 -0000

Hi Asyura,

I donīt know any tool for that purpose.

But you can read the dbf Files with dbase and create an ASCII File. This ASCII File can be processed via SQL*Loader or you can generate a SQL-Script from it.

If you donīt own dbase, you can alternately use a C- or C++ Library. There are many of them in internet as Free- or Shareware. With theese libraries you should be able to create a small tool by yourself. (I recommend to take libraries in source code).

There are even a lot of Freeware and Shareware tools to read .dbf files (mostly for MS Environments, some for Unixes).

The tools can be started from PL/SQL via host command.

There is also a way to integrate a c-library function in PL/SQL to extend PL/SQL.
This might be the best way, because
it can be run on the server, but it is nothing for beginners.

I confirm, that you meant D-Base Files, did you?

Regs. Lothar

Asyura schrieb in Nachricht <7crkag$3f53_at_indo-news>...