UTL_FILE Package on client

From: Georg Hirber <ghirber_at_se-nord.provinz.bz.it>
Date: 19 Mar 1999 09:14:10 GMT

Hi, I try to use the UTL_FILE-package on the client side. When I open a file on the client PC (fopen('c:\work','first.txt','w'), there rises an exception 'invalid path'. Can I open files only on the server machine (because the package lies in the serverdb on the server machine), or can I open files on the client too ? Must I have specific privileges ?
Thanks, Georg Hirber Received on Fri Mar 19 1999 - 03:14:10 CST