Re: Beware! the days of Oracle may be numbered

From: Frampton Steve R <3srf_at_qlink.queensu.ca>
Date: 17 Mar 1999 21:18:19 GMT

"KeyStroke (Jack L. Swayze Sr.)" <KeyStrk_at_feist.com> wrote:
: Yup. And I don't want it to happen to me ever again.

It shouldn't have happened in the first place, IMHO. You were complacent, and I dare say perhaps even lazy.

: Version 7 of SQL server looks like it can do the job adequately. Probably not
: better, likely not even as good, but adequately.

I'm certainly not worried about a Microsoft product supplanting a more respected and more reliable solution such as Oracle. But, when (if) a new technology comes around that looks like it is being adapted in the corporate marketplace, I plan on honing my skills (like I have done in the past).

--------------< LINUX: The choice of a GNU generation. >-------------- Steve Frampton <3srf@qlink.queensu.ca> http://qlink.queensu.ca/~3srf Received on Wed Mar 17 1999 - 15:18:19 CST