Re: Resizing block size under active database

From: Eric Hanson <ehanson_at_gr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 09:21:24 -0700

Hi,

The only way to change the block size of an existing database is to rebuild the database. Never having tried it I'm unsure what the result would be if you changed the block size within the init.ora file. With this being said, with 8i you will be able to have tablespaces with different block sizes.

Eric Hanson, DBA