Re: Resizing block size under active database

From: sb <skbleich_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 10:09:50 -0800

You will not be able to open the database if you change the block size in the init<SID>.ora file. Like Eric said below, the ONLY way to change the block size in an exisiting database is ... you really can't. You have to create a new database, and start it with the new block size specified in the init<SID>.ora file.