Re: Cache Problems

From: Phil Hoggins <philh_at_sequent.com>
Date: 16 Mar 1999 09:38:41 GMT

Joe,

        If JD Edwards software functions the same as PeopleSoft and other ERP type applications they probably hold a cache file on the client for application screens etc. I suspect that the screens are being altered at some point on the app but the client is retrieving it's info from the local cache. Try deleteing the local cache, it usually takes the form of a file on disk. This will force the app to re-read the screens from it's original source.

Rgds,

Phil Hoggins

j_finley_at_amtp.com wrote in article <7c64t5$rkh$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

> I am currently the CNC Admin for JD Edwards OneWorld which runs Oracle
8.0.4.
> Our users are running into "CACHE INITIALIZATION" where one moment they
get
> data and return to the same screen later and get errors. Checking the
JDE.LOG
> which is a small error log it writes to the client machine with the error
> above. I imagine this is something with the way Oracle is handeling the
> cache. I noticed a service on the NT clients called "Oracle Client
Cache80".