Cache Problems

From: <j_finley_at_amtp.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:59:40 GMT

I am currently the CNC Admin for JD Edwards OneWorld which runs Oracle 8.0.4. Our users are running into "CACHE INITIALIZATION" where one moment they get data and return to the same screen later and get errors. Checking the JDE.LOG which is a small error log it writes to the client machine with the error above. I imagine this is something with the way Oracle is handeling the cache. I noticed a service on the NT clients called "Oracle Client Cache80". Would this benefit? I'm not sure the purpose other than the service name sounds appropriate to start automatically.

Any help would be appreciated.
Joseph Finley
j_finley_at_amtp.com