Re: Alert log monitoring

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:42:44 -0800

Des Collins wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm sure such a tool exists that can automatically monitor the alert log
>
> and notify me of any errors etc. ; but i don't know where i can get my
> hands on one. - Can anyone help?

My company markets one, ALERTHAWK, which warns by e-mail and adds to errors the 'Cause' ans 'Action' clauses found in the error message files.
It's not freeware but its not madly expensive and works well, especially if you have a large number of databases to monitor. I have seen DBAs being warned and fixing problems even before users (security dealers in that case, a notoriously impatient bunch) could react. --
Regards,

  Stéphane Faroult
  Oriole Corporation

 http://www.oriolecorp.com, the site created by Oracle DBAs for Oracle DBAs