Re: Replication Error

From: Peter Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 10:35:29 -0800

A couple of possibilities:

  1. Are you using parallel propagation? If so, you could get this from a switch to serial propagation from parallel propagation when the last parallel propagation is not clean. We will raise dbms_defer_sys.incompleteparallelpush exception and the error ORA-23388 will be generated.

In this case you had switched from parallel propagation to serial replication and the last parallel push was not clean.

2. Are you also getting ORA-25207? In this case, you have MASTER-MASTER configuration or are using an UPDATABLE SNAPSHOT and are attempting to push the deftran queue or refresh your snapshot. The push/refresh fails with one or both of the following errors: ORA-23388 and ORA-25207.

ORA-23388: "replication parallel push watermark error"

    Cause: An error occurred during parallel push while trying

           to update the high-water-mark information in
           system.def$_destination.

   Action: Contact your customer support representative.

ORA-25207: "enqueue failed, queue <TABLE_NAME> is disabled

           from enqueuing"
    Cause: The queue has been stopped to prevent any further

           enqueuing.
   Action: Enable the queue first by using an administrative

           operation.

You have tried executing dbms_defer_sys.push(parallelism=>1), but you still receive the ORA-23388 and ORA-25207 errors. These errors occur because the queue mentioned in the ORA-25207 error has been disabled.

If you can tell us if either of these are the problems, then we can work out what to do.

HTH. Pete

noamsela_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I received the following error while assembling an Oracle MultiMaster
> replication :
>
> ORA-23388 replication parallel push watermark error
>
> Cause: An error occurred during parallel push while trying to update the high-
> water-mark information in system.def$_destination.
> Action: Contact your customer support representative.
>
> Copyright (C) 1995, Oracle Corporation
>
> what am i supposed to do? also i wanted to know if Blob objects are supported
> in the replication.
>
> Thanks in advance

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                             Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA