Load data over web

From: <coakleyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 19:38:07 GMT

Hi to all.

We are using Oracle 7/8 and Oracle Developer (i.e Forms 4.5/5.0). We have a client-server application, whereby a user enters a screen, specifies a filename (say a:\file.txt), presses a button which invokes "text_io" or "sqlldr" and automatically loads the file.

The user has the option to view the log file subsequently.

Now, I want to deploy the same application on an "Intranet/Extranet/Internet".
I am using Application server 4, Developer Server and client browsers using either Applet Viewer or Jinitiator.

So how do I do it? This time, when the user specifies filename of a:, it's the a-drive of the Forms server that's being used?

So how do I overcome this problem? Must I download the file from the local client to the server and then operate/load this file? How would I invoke such a download?

Should I use some other tools to achieve this? Java tools? What about Oracle Enterprise Manager version 2 which is web-enabled?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

John

Email address is coakleyj_at_hotmail.com