Re: Does Oracle 7.3.x Run on Solaris 2.6 or 2.7?

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 03:33:41 GMT

In article <7cc32i$534$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   Satar <satar_at_my-dejanews.com> wrote:

> > It works flawlessly on 2.6. There is a performance problem on 2.6
> > so, make sure you have the latest patch cluster installed.
> > Mladen Gogala
>
> Mladen,
> What performance problems were you facing with 7.3.4 and solaris 2.6? And what
> are you basing your performance problems on?
>
> Thanks,
> Satar
> Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
> "Opinions are the result of the voices in my head only,
> and do not reflect my employer or Oracle Corporation."

Oracle performance on our machines (Flexi International Software, Derby, CT,USA) is as can be expected from E450 (2x300MHZ, 2GB RAM, 120GB disks), which means that about 75 application developers are kept happy. We are using UFS, not Veritas, and performance problems I was talking about is VFS related. Here is the alert from Oracle Corp.:

*****ALERT***** Performance problems on Solaris 2.6

For customers running 2.6 of Sun Solaris there are known problems with CPU and IO time.

You will need to contact Sun and get the patches.

The following are the case/bug ids related to the veritas-solaris2.6-oracle performance problems.

Sun bug id describing the problem       : 4201144
Sun escalation number to veritas        : 518458