Re: Does Oracle 7.3.x Run on Solaris 2.6 or 2.7?

From: Satar <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:53:01 GMT

In article <7cfaml$o6h$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Oracle performance on our machines (Flexi International Software, Derby,
> CT,USA) is as can be expected from E450 (2x300MHZ, 2GB RAM, 120GB disks),
> which means that about 75 application developers are kept happy. We are using
> UFS, not Veritas, and performance problems I was talking about is VFS
> related. Here is the alert from Oracle Corp.:
>
> *****ALERT*****
>
> Performance problems on Solaris 2.6
>
> For customers running 2.6 of Sun Solaris there are known problems with
> CPU and IO time.
>
> You will need to contact Sun and get the patches.
>
> The following are the case/bug ids related to the
> veritas-solaris2.6-oracle performance problems.
>
> Sun bug id describing the problem : 4201144
> Sun escalation number to veritas : 518458
> I hope this helps.
> Mladen Gogala

Thanks Mladen.
I don't use Veritas, so I am unfamiliar on how the performance rates with the VXFS. As far as Solaris 2.6 release 5/98 (with all installed patches) goes...I've never noticed or came across any problems.

Thanks Again,
Satar
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
"Opinions are the result of the voices in my head only, and do not reflect my employer or Oracle Corporation."