Oracle DB2 gateway locks

From: <obolman_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 13:43:40 GMT

We're trying to use the Oracle-to-DB2 gateway (from Oracle 8.0.5). I perform simple queries (no DML) against some DB2 tables. It works but these queries cause DB2 to place locks on the tables. These locks prevent other DB2 users from updating them which makes it a huge problem. Is something missing in the gateway setup? Should I just do a rollback or commit after my queries? Thanks.