Re: SYS-SYSDBA

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 09:12:19 +0100

Hi Roberto,
most likely this has to do with the setting of the init<sid>.ora parameter remote_login_passwordfile
This parameter has three settings:
none (default) can't use sysdba privilege

shared            only SYS and internal can use sysdba privilege
exclusive        grant sysdba (or sysoper) to individual users will enable
them to connect with SYSDBA privilege
Changes are you don't have the password file. You need to use the orapwd utility on Unix, or the instance manager on NT to create one. The file should be located in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs as orapwd<SID>. On NT it's hidden

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA