Re: Using RMAN

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_toneline.n-o-s-p-a-m.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 01:41:37 +0000

My gut instinct is that you may need to look at using password files. Are you doing this? Have a look at the various connection options listed in the RMAN manual. I have to admit that on my set-up both the db's and RMAN are local, so I don't use password files. Still, check it out, and if you do go that route remember that RMAN will *not* backup password or init files.

Steve Phelan.