Using RMAN

From: sharon <skbleich_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:23:56 -0800

Does anybody have experience out there with Oracle8's RMAN utility? I would like to test it as a possible backup solution. I have created the the recovery catalog, ran the appropriate procedures to create the packages needed, created the rman user and tablespace needed.

One problem I am having, is that I would like to user RMAN to backup remote databases. However, I can connect to the recovery catalog on the local machine, but when I try to connect to a remote database I would like to target I get an invalid username/password error. This can't be true, because as a safeguard I am connecting as system/manager. I can connect to these remote databases via all the other tools such as sqlplus ect.

Maybe I am missing something really easy.

Any ideas?

Thanks. Received on Thu Mar 11 1999 - 18:23:56 CST