HELP: import 'hangs'

From: <ronb_at_digitalmarket.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:00:16 GMT

Hi,

Has anyone seen this problem?

I am on Oracle8.0.5 on Solaris 2.6

I have a .dmp file that is about 1.5gb. Some of the tables in the file have > 1,000,000 rows.

When I try to import, the import works as normal, but when it gets to the first large table, it imports about 300,000 of the 1,000,000+ rows and then 'hangs'.

What I mean by 'hang' is that the imp process uses cpu cycles, but the Oracle background process are not doing anything. No more log switched happen at this point. It will sit there forever until I do a shutdown abort. If I try running the import again, it hangs at the same spot. I have indexes=n commit=y on the imp.

I have ported the .dmp file to another Solaris box running Oracle8.0.5 also, and it get past the point in the import where it has been 'hanging', but further 'down the road' in the import it does hang.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thank You

Ron Bogdanoff
Sr. Software Engineer