Re: Anyway way to print while executing procedure ?

From: <kroutchef_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 22:41:08 GMT

Bonsoir,

nerver use dbms_output feature to trace your pending work for these two simple reason: 1 - You wont get what you'r expecting simply because the dbms_output feature uses bufferized output, this buffer is fetched once at the end of your procedure when all the work is done. 2 - The "set serverouput on size 60000" (check doc for max value allowed(should be 1000000 )) set the maximum size of this buffer, so if you plan to use the dbms_output facility for bigger work, be sure that your output text length multiplied by the number of call to the dbms_output never exceed this size, otherway it'll result in an buffer error that could break your work.

Try using utl_file instead or commit each 200 lines and insert traces in a dummy table that you can select in another session.