Q: NLS_SORT, US7ASCII client, EBCDIC server

From: <stalele_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 22:12:33 GMT

Hi.

I have an MVS Oracle 7.3 server running with a character set of WE8EBCDIC1047, and an Oracle 8 application running on HP/UX that is expecting US7ASCII. The problem is manifested when we do order by operations in our PRO*C code. The result set is returned, sorted in EBCDIC, which casues problems in our application.

We have tried setting NLS_LANG to AMERICAN_AMERICA_US7ASCII and setting the NLS_SORT variable to a variety of different values, but we haven't gotten the desired effect (the order by returning the data in US7ASCII order.) It appears the NLS_SORT variable can only be set to languages, and can not refer to character sets.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
SET -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own Received on Wed Mar 10 1999 - 16:12:33 CST