AIX OAS 4.0.7 - Linking libwrbapi.so for a cweb cartridge

From: Steve McAllister <smm_at_mindspring.com.REMOVE>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 00:23:59 -0600

I am having some problems linking in the libwrbapi.so into my  CWeb cartridge. I am running AIX 4.1.x and a "newer" Visual Age C/C++ ( I am not sure of version, but it works with AIX 4.2.x ). I have tried like the dickens to get my cartridge to work on AIX ( works fine on NT with statically links wrb.lib). I have not installed the Programmer 8 OCI/WRB stuff yet. I have to convince the DBA we need to do it. I am usiong the Oracle 8.0.5 OCI includes and libs that come swith O8. I am using the WRB shared libs that come with OAS 4.0.7.

I have succesfully compiled the hellworld sample compiled/linked and running as a cartridge. Has anyone gotten AIX CWeb running on  AIX? Are you using shared or static libs?

Would you care to help me out?? I already have a TAR open with support, but I know I can find the awswers here faster if anyone has seen the problem.

Steve McAllister
IXL Chicago Received on Wed Mar 10 1999 - 00:23:59 CST