Ensuring the presence of Oracle Pro*C shared libraries

From: <tmcguiga_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 16:23:11 GMT

We use dynamic linking in an Oracle Pro*C application (Solaris v2.6 and Oracle Server v7). However on occasion only a remote connection via SQL*Net is required.
In order to ensure the presence of the libraries, we usually go for a complete Oracle Server installation. Needless to say this is quite a waste, and one which we'd like to avoid.

Is it possible to install only the Oracle libraries on the machine and if can someone give me a basic outline? If not then can we distribute the shared libraries with our application, or will we just have to statically link them instead?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.