Re: Sqlloader problems!

From: Nuno Guerreiro <nuno-v-guerreiro_at_invalid.telecom.pt>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 14:51:31 GMT

On Fri, 05 Mar 1999 10:25:48 GMT, joakim.krassman_at_prepage.se wrote:

>I want the sqlloader to insert every row in the same post, like a loop that
>fetching in every data to the same record. I have tried a lot of diffrent ways
>but none have worked out. Please.........
>
>kind regardes Joakim Krassman
>
>It would be really nice if you could email me the answer...if there is one...

If what you want to do is tell SQL*Loader that a database record spans multiple file records (or lines), then it is possible. I've read it once in the Server Utilities manual. I don't recall the exact syntax on how this is done, but if you don't have access to the manual, then tell me and I'll post it here or send it by e-mail to you (PDF version).

Good luck,

Nuno Guerreiro

As I don't normally appreciate unsolicited commercial e-mail (widely known as SPAM), I encoded my e-mail address. If you want to reply by e-mail, please remove the text added to fool spam software

"The art of arts, the glory of expression and the sunshine that lights the light of letters  is simplicity"

                                                        Walt Whitman Received on Fri Mar 05 1999 - 08:51:31 CST