Sizing for Web application using OAS 3.0

From: Venkatesh Kumar <vkumar_at_fundu.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 16:54:42 -0600

Hi guys,
  We are planning to use Oracle Applications Server 3..0.1 for developing our web site using Pl/Sql Cartridge. We plan to deploy this on a Windows NT environment to start with and eventually move to a Solaris box.

Here are a few questions that we have and would apprrcaite any help we can get.

  1. How much memory does the Web listeners take.
  2. How many listeners do you normally create for a web based application.
  3. What is the number of Pl/Sql dad that you need to create.

If you are planning for 100,000 hits per day on a web site, what kind of a NT Box are you looking at ? Number of CPU's and memory . Disk is not a issue.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Cheers
Ven Kumar Received on Thu Mar 04 1999 - 16:54:42 CST