Re: Sizing for Web application using OAS 3.0

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 06:33:59 GMT

Hi

> 1. How much memory does the Web listeners take.

> 2. How many listeners do you normally create for a web based
> application.
> 3. What is the number of Pl/Sql dad that you need to create.

just one.

What you can adjust are the number of pl/sql cartridges that you have

> If you are planning for 100,000 hits per day on a web site, what kind of
> a NT Box are you looking at ? Number of CPU's and memory . Disk is not a
> issue.

Hi,

a good idea is to split the web server and database server onto two machines, It is difficult to estimate requirements on number of hits, because each hit may fire off complex sql etc,

but I would say, go for a high end dual pentium with a minimum of 256 pref (500) megs of ram, scuzzy, with several disks.

the web server should be ok as a dual pentium with 128 megs of ram