ORA-12203 - only 1 client has problem!

From: Stephen Clarke <stephen.ctr.clarke_at_faa.dot.gov>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 14:04:47 -0500

Hi!

I have a new user who is getting "ORA-12203: TNS - unable to connect". All my other users are fine. Our LAN people are investigating possible "underlying transport" problems (i.e. a faulty IntraNetware client installation). We are using Oracle 7.3.2.3 Server for Netware and the SPX protocol.

My first question, is there any reason to use Ping if the client's network connection is working for other apps (CC:Mail, Web, etc..)? If so, how do you ping in a Netware/ SPX environment (i.e. "ping ourhost")?

I am also wondering if this error can be triggered if the client "times out" (the PC is several routers away in another building)? If so, is there any reason not to either bump up or comment out the "Connect_Timeout_Listener" parameter in Listener.ora? And if so, what are the steps (use NetManager?, Restart the DB?, etc)?

Any other suggestions would also be welcome!

TIA, Stephen Clarke Received on Thu Mar 04 1999 - 13:04:47 CST