Re: Oracle replication !!!

From: Marcus N Hofer <markus_at_tk136248.telekabel.at>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 19:04:28 GMT

stas_at_terraspace.ru schrieb in Nachricht <7blhoa$t6r$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Guys!
>
>After long discussion, I collect a lot of different advices.

indeed... You got

>But the problem is still ... actual.
>
>I made
>
>CREATE DATABASE LINK den CONNECT TO scott IDENTIFIED BY tiger;
>or
>CREATE DATABASE LINK den.world.com CONNECT TO scott IDENTIFIED BY tiger;
>etc ...

provide a connect string in Your create command as

CREATE DATABASE LINK SCOTTS_HOME CONNECT TO scott IDENTIFIED BY tiger USING 'SCOTTS_HOME'; to be on really safe side make sure that SCOTTS_HOME is

  1. the global name of the remote DB (global names can be set with 'alter database ...' command)
  2. the alias (connect string) in the TNSNAMES.ORA file Your local DB accesses
  3. the DB link name matches the connect string (SCOTTS_HOME) as the global_names parameter in init(SID).ora could be set, as Lothar explained in the previous thread.

before doing anything else try

select * from dual_at_scotts_home;

man, this really MUST work now §;^)

good luck!