Re: Delection of ----/rdbms/mesg directory

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 20:46:46 -0000

I can't give a solid answer to your question, but assuming you have copied the files back to the correct spot, i.e. $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/mesg, then is it possible you have got compressed versions ? (Shouldn't be, given it's a CD distribution, but since it is an early one ...)

If so then there is an Oracle Uncompress utility, in the orainst directory, or possibly bin directory with a name like ouncomp (or something like uncompress with a leading o).

I worked out how to use this once, so it can't be too difficult - I think it gives some explanation, or meaningful error message if you just type the name.

This may get you started.

--
Jonathan Lewis

I have a spelling chequer