Cluster interface specification (OPS OSD layer)

From: Peder O. Klingenberg <peder_at_news.klingenberg.no>
Date: 02 Mar 1999 12:23:01 +0100

I am a master student at the University of Oslo, Norway. My thesis is about, among other things, Oracle Parallel Server. However, our pc cluster is entirely homegrown, so we do not have a "vendor supplied OSD layer".

Oracle documentation mentions that the OSD is a set of components implementing an API specified by Oracle. However, I have not been able to find this API.

Some document on their website said that "Oracle has published an Oracle Parallel Server Cluster Interface Specification", and that a reference implementation of this API was available to partners.

I do not need the reference implementation, but I would _really_ like to get my hands on the specification.

Does anybody here know where I could find it? Oracle Technology Network directed me to this newsgroup.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Regards,
...Peder...
--